Psalm 101 (NKJV)
I will sing of mercy and justice;
To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.
2 I will behave wisely in a [a]perfect way.
Oh, when will You come to me?
I will walk within my house with a perfect heart.
3 I will set nothing [b]wicked before my eyes;
I hate the work of those who fall away;
It shall not cling to me.
4 A perverse heart shall depart from me;
I will not know wickedness.
5 Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor,
Him I will destroy;
The one who has a haughty look and a proud heart,
Him I will not endure.
6 My eyes shall be on the faithful of the land,
That they may dwell with me;
He who walks in a [c]perfect way,
He shall serve me.
7 He who works deceit shall not dwell within my house;
He who tells lies shall not [d]continue in my presence.
8 Early I will destroy all the wicked of the land,
That I may cut off all the evildoers from the city of the Lord.
- Father in Heaven, we honour you for your mercy and justice
- Teach us, through your Holy Spirit, to practise mercy and justice in every aspect of our life
- We commit ourselves to living a holy life
- Give us the strength to resist temptation to find success through corrupt and dishonest deeds
- I pray that _____________ will be a trustworthy friend and co-labourer in the flesh and in the spirit.