The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
25 I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
26 He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed.
27 Depart from evil, and do good;
And dwell forevermore.
28 For the Lord loves justice,
And does not forsake His saints;
They are preserved forever,
But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
29 The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.
30 The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom,
And his tongue talks of justice.
31 The law of his God is in his heart;
None of his steps shall slide.
Prayer for yourself and those on your prayer list
- O Lord our God, order our steps, direct our minds and our lives in keeping with your word and your way
- Uphold us in this world of sin
- We know that you will never forsake us
- Stir within our hearts mercy and grace toward others
- Give us the power through your Holy Spirit to depart from evil and do good
- Keep your justice and mercy every before our eyes
- Bless us and our children
- Give us wisdom to direct our lives and influence others in righteousness
- Place your law in our hearts
- Keep our steps along the path that lead us to you
- We thank you for your mercy
- We praise you for your loving kindness toward us