12 The wicked plots against the just,
And gnashes at him with his teeth.
13 The Lord laughs at him,
For He sees that his day is coming.
14 The wicked have drawn the sword
And have bent their bow,
To cast down the poor and needy,
To slay those who are of upright conduct.
15 Their sword shall enter their own heart,
And their bows shall be broken.
16 A little that a righteous man has
Is better than the riches of many wicked.
17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,
But the Lord upholds the righteous.
18 The Lord knows the days of the upright,
And their inheritance shall be forever.
19 They shall not be ashamed in the evil time,
And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
20 But the wicked shall perish;
And the enemies of the Lord,
Like the splendor of the meadows, shall vanish.
Into smoke they shall vanish away.
21 The wicked borrows and does not repay,
But the righteous shows mercy and gives.
22 For those blessed by Him shall inherit the earth,
But those cursed by Him shall be cut off.
Prayer for yourself and those on your prayer list
- Father in Heaven, you see and know everything
- All power belongs to you and you know what the future holds
- Give us the grace and the power of your Holy Spirit:
- To live righteously
- To lift the poor and and needy
- To show mercy
- To wait in hope for our inheritance
- To show mercy and generosity
- To depend on your bounty for all our needs even in times of scarcity
- To believe your in word
- We trust your promise to judge all things righteously
- Thank you for hearing and answering our prayer