Psalm 27 New King James Version (NKJV)
An Exuberant Declaration of Faith
A Psalm of David.
27 The Lord is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked came against me
To eat up my flesh,
My enemies and foes,
They stumbled and fell.
3 Though an army may encamp against me,
My heart shall not fear;
Though war may rise against me,
In this I will be confident.
4 One thing I have desired of the Lord,
That will I seek:
That I may dwell in the house of the Lord
All the days of my life,
To behold the beauty of the Lord,
And to inquire in His temple.
5 For in the time of trouble
He shall hide me in His pavilion;
In the secret place of His tabernacle
He shall hide me;
He shall set me high upon a rock.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice!
Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When You said, “Seek My face,”
My heart said to You, “Your face, Lord, I will seek.”
9 Do not hide Your face from me;
Do not turn Your servant away in anger;
You have been my help;
Do not leave me nor forsake me,
O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me,
Then the Lord will take care of me.
11 Teach me Your way, O Lord,
And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.
12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries;
For false witnesses have risen against me,
And such as breathe out violence.
13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
In the land of the living.
14 Wait[e] on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Prayer for yourself and people on your prayer list…
- Heavenly Father, we praise and honour your Name for you are our light and salvation
- We walk in confidence and without fear of anyone because you are the strength of our life
- No matter who or what comes against us we will be confident of YOUR strength and our heart will not fear
- Place in our heart the desire to dwell in your house and to meditate on your word
- We rejoice in faith that you will lift up our head above the enemy
- We offer sacrifices of joy in your House
- We will sing praises to you O Lord
- Hear O Lord and have mercy
- Do not leave us or forsake us even when those closest to us on earth cannot bear our burdens
- Teach us your way and lead us aright
- Strengthen our courage as we wait on you for deliverance O Lord