The Reign of the Lord’s Anointed
Why do the nations rage
and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
and the rulers take counsel together,
against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us burst their bonds apart
and cast away their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
5 Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
6 “As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.”
7 I will tell of the decree:
The Lord said to me, “You are my Son;
today I have begotten you.
8 Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage,
and the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You shall break[b] them with a rod of iron
and dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.”
10 Now therefore, O kings, be wise;
be warned, O rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear,
and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son,
lest he be angry, and you perish in the way,
for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 2 (English Standard Version)
Prayer for yourself and those on your prayer list…
- We lift our prayer O God our Saviour “who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood and made us a kingdom, priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced him, and all tribes of the earth will wail on account of him.” (Revelation 1:5-7)
- We do not know what this day or week or year holds for our nations and this world. But we know the enemy has plans to weaken, control, manipulate, distract and destroy your people.
- We rest assured that you are Lord of the universe and everything is in your hand.
- We boldly say “The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me” (Hebrews 13:6)
- I pray that we trust you only, not the kings and rulers of this earth who are arrayed against you and your faithful people. (Psalm 2:1-3)
- We rejoice in the victory of Christ (Psalm 2:7-9)
- Fill our hearts with your Holy Spirit that we may serve you with utmost reverence, respect and love, knowing that you are all-powerful. (Psalm 2:11)
- We lift up before you the politicians, leaders, administrators and influential people in nations great and small; we pray that they will hear your call for reconciliation. Blessed are those who find refuge in your saving grace (Psalm 2:12)
- Cheer our hearts with the “Blessed Hope” of your soon coming and eternal reign. (Psalm 2:6)
Reblogged this on From The Darkness Into The Light.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Nice post thank you I reblogged your beautiful prayer.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! I trust that it will be a blessing to your followers.