1 Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, Nor stands in the path of sinners, Nor sits in the seat of the scornful; 2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper. 4 The ungodly are not so, But are like the chaff which the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, Nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.6 For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, But the way of the ungodly shall perish.Psalm 1:1-6
Prayer for yourself and people on your prayer list…
- O Lord our God, you have blessed us with your boundless grace and mercy!
- Let our walk in this life be guided by godly counsel, may we take our stand in the way of those who obey your will and not with those who mock and deride your word. (Psalm 1:1)
- As we meditate on your word, you make us strong, full of life and prosperous. (Psalm 1:2)
- Your counsel has blessed and established our work. (Psalm 1:3)
- We lift up in prayer those who are deceived and deluded by the teachings and principles of the enemy. Let your living word speak to our hearts and create in right spirit within us.
- May your Holy Spirit open our eyes to see the futility of any principle that is not in agreement with your word.
- As we reflect on the way of this world, show us plainly how the way of the ungodly perishes.
- You, O Lord, establish the way of the righteous
- Forgive us our sins that we may stand in the judgement and in the congregation of the righteous.
Keep a list of people that you want to pray for regularly and include them in your Pray the Scripture prayers.