From the Lord comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your peoplePsalm 3:8 (NIV)
Prayer for yourself and people on your prayer list…
- Lord we come to you today with the burden of conflict between family members, couples, friends, co-workers, neighbours etc
- As we meditate on this Psalm, we reflect on the conflict between David and his own son Absalom and the great conflict in the spiritual realm
- Heavenly Father, look upon our situation today and be our Deliverer now and forevermore, may your blessing be on your people.
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.
1 Lord, how many are my foes!
How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
“God will not deliver him.”
3 But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
4 I call out to the Lord,
and he answers me from his holy mountain.
5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
6 I will not fear though tens of thousands
assail me on every side.
7 Arise, Lord!
Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
break the teeth of the wicked.
8 From the Lord comes deliverance.
May your blessing be on your people.
Without a doubt, there are people on your prayer list who are experiencing either family conflict, legal challenges, alienation from friends or marital strife. Some poor soul may even be going through all of the above!
One thing I know is sure everyone is facing attacks from Satan, the great deceiver.
Striking the enemy on the jaw or breaking their teeth is a figurative expression of delivering a blow to head and destroying the ability to inflict injury.
Offer this prayer today for everyone you meet and give a word of encouragement and a blessing
- From the Lord comes deliverance (verse 8)
- Call out to the Lord and He will answer (verse 4)
- The Lord is a shield around you [name person] (verse 3)
- The Lord will lift [name person] head (verse 3)
- The Lord is sustaining you [name person] (verse 5)
- Rest in the Lord and do not fear (verses 5 & 6)