“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,Luke 4:18-19; Isaiah 61:1,2
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.
Prayer for yourself and people on your prayer list…
- Heavenly Father, around the world people are anticipating the Christmas Holiday, today we contemplate why Jesus Christ came into this world as told us by the Holy Scriptures.
- We pray that we would be co-labourers with him in
- preaching the gospel to the poor
- healing the broken hearted
- proclaiming liberty to those held in captivity by sin
- recovering the sight of those blind to the true character and nature of God and,
- liberating those who are oppressed by a false teaching just as Jesus did while on this earth
There is no much false doctrine masquerading as truth. Our Lord Jesus Christ faced the same challenge in His ministry and His reference was always the Holy Scriptures. He even referenced His very reason for being on earth in Isaiah 61:1,2